Thursday, September 22, 2011
Fail, Fail, Fail...Touchdown
My MIL bought the boys for $10. The "artwork" wasn't my style, but the frame was great and we thought a framed poster would look great in their football room. The glass didn't survive the ride home:(
I thought It would be fun to make the boys a football-shaped memo board. I thought it looked a little too homemade :( :(
Fail # 3 (I was too frustrated to take a picture)
I covered cardboard squares w/ batting and fabric, then I hot glued them into the frame. Did you know that thumb tacks will not stick into cardboard covered with fabric and cotton? Neither did I :(:(:(
Touchdown-(or at least a 3 pt. field goal)
1. I hot glued ribbon across the fabric squares to form little memo boards and secured the ribbons w/ upholstery tacks.
2. Since I couldn't find any Saints fabric, I freezer-paper-stenciled a Fleur de lis with gold paint.
3. I removed the fabric squares from the middle and added a layer of cork instead.
4. I set it against the wall in the hallway until I get around to hanging it on the wall. I'm still a little mad at it.
5. I think I may go back and add a ribbon across the cork, so it looks more balance. Thoughts?
I think I should also score extra points for not swearing or throwing fails 1-3 against the wall.
Even w/ the frustration it is still cheaper than this-$349 @ PBTEEN
I'd love for you to link up any of your great ideas (or even fails) at my linky party here.