Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why I'm MIA


So this has been the busiest summer ever-including last summer and we moved half-way across the country (basketball camp, girls camp, a church youth conference, and swim team).  All of this has been seriously impacting my crafting time.  This week I'm bonding w/ my middle kid at day camp. Luckily, bossing a bunch of boys around all day in 100 degree weather is not actually as bad as I thought it would be.  The camp is run really well and truth be told, it's even kind of fun. 

 Guess what is the least fun part of every day?  "Arts and Crafts".  Shocker I know.  I love arts and crafts, but somehow sitting around picnic tables w/ 29 little boys hammering bird houses is not as fun as it sounds.  In general, they don't like arts and crafts and get frustrated when their projects don't turn out.  Or they are just plain bored and do things like hammer random objects to the picnic table. Some of them are mad in general that they are wasting time crafting when they could be spending it shooting at stuff.   Boys. 


2 comments:

  1. We had daycamp this week too! I only went one day this year, and it was the day the webelos made those cool folding stools. I managed to assist one correctly, and badly advise my son. I love day camp, but it was nice not to go this morning!

    ReplyDelete