Monday, July 4, 2011

10 minute T

Did July sneak up on you too?  Never fear, here's a 10 minute tutorial to the rescue.

I spent all afternoon making my daughter a patriotic t-shirt.  It turned out pretty cute and I will post it later in the week (although I'm wondering if I should bother and just wait until next year).  My youngest saw it and declared that he wanted a shirt too.  Since I had so much fun painting my pillows, I figured I'd paint him a shirt.  I found a cheap t-shirt on my kid's floor ( It may or may not have been clean, but it passed the smell test).  I used some painter's tape and put on some lines.  Then I used a star punch and punched some stars out of the tape.  Then I got out some craft paint and filled in the lines.  So fast (easily under 10 minutes) and easy and he will be styling for tomorrow's festivities. 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome for 10 minutes (plus I love that it was on the floor and needed a sniff)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun! looks like something i could do with my little guy! thanks so much for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this one, would look great with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart! I love the idea of using painter's tape.

    ReplyDelete