Saturday, February 26, 2011

3-d Guitar Art

So remember my 3-D Apple Art? My friend Kammy (my very best friend when I was a newlywed) saw it and came up with this:

Don't you just love it?!?!?! My apple looks a little too country bumpkin next to this that absolutely rocks.
She says:
"Yes, one of those cheap pre-stretched canvases from a craft store. 12x24 inches. Our piano is in our front/playroom, so I did more of a kids toys and games theme. I cracked myself up by titling it "stuff I found under the couch." Hahaha."
I think the trick might be using bigger stuff. Mine were too small and too similar. I'm re-doing mine so stay tuned.

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Tara! It took forever for my spray paint to dry and because so many of my things were plastic they took several coats. It didn't help that we had record breaking lows this week and my garage felt like a fridge!

    PS. I wish we stilled lived across the courtyard and could be doing projects together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome!!! my brain is thinking now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would love one of these in his room! Brainstorming on objects to use...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art work is the ultimate in recycling! I love this idea!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea. I haven't seen anything like this before. So many possibilities with it too.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool! I love it.. she did a great job! Here’s another party if you would like to link up… http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/03/project-party-weekend-5-ways-to-re.html

    ReplyDelete