Monday, May 30, 2011

DIY Camera Straps

My sister is doing an online fundraiser to raise $ to help cover the costs of their adoption.  (http://www.plunderhere.com/shop.php?user_id=113407).  So I spent Friday and Saturday sewing.  Mostly I made camera straps.  Here's how I did it.

Step 1:

Measure your camera strap (Mine was 20 inches, so all my measurements are based on that.)

Step 2:

Cut out 2 pieces of felt 2x20 (fusible fleece would be great-but I didn't want to drive to the store)

Step 3

Cut 2 strip of fabric 3x22.  Optional: If you want a pocket for your lens cap, cut a strip 3x7 inches.

Step 4: Finish top and side edges of pocket and pin on fabric.

Optional:  If you'd like to add any ruffles or trim, sew it to one of the strips now.

 Step 5: Iron down side edges and fold down top edges (like you wrap a present).

Step 6: Place strips wrong sides together and sew close to the edge along the sides.  Leave top opens.


TADAA!

Plain
 Ruffles
 Pleated satin ribbon-this one's my favorite

8 comments:

  1. These turned out nice. Hope your sister can raise a lot of money. I just got a new Camera and I have been wanting to make one of these for it thanks for showing how to do it!


    www.simplycadence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute and very creative. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!! I am especially loving the turquoise with the silver satin ribbon... LOVE! Thanks so much for linking up at The Little Birdie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I love all the variations!
    Would you be willing to link up to our weekly Playdate party at http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/playdate-link-party-everyone-welcome.html ?

    Cheers,
    Lori
    http://beneaththerowantree.com
    Come & Play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE!! I need to make myself one of these. Love all the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial. And the ones you made are so cute great job! Come and say hi and enter my Jamberry nail giveaway

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an easy and great idea! The last picture is my favorite one. Thanks for sharing over at Weekend Warrior. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete