I really like Subway Art, but we already have a family rules, and there can be too much of a good thing. I did have a bunch of these wood blocks laying around. So I:
1. Painted them black
2. Cut out the words admire, cherish, love, XXOO, adore out of contact paper w/ my cricut.
3. Applied the contact paper to my painted blocks and painted in my stencils
4. Waited patiently for them to dry (or used my blow dryer to speed things up)
5. Used some sand paper to rough them up and even out my poor painting skills
6. Mixed up 4 parts dark brown paint and 1 part glaze and painted the blocks.
7. Used an old rag to rub off the excess glaze
****If you don't have any glaze, you can also just rub on some dark stain. I think it works just as well
8. Tie on some ribbons.
9. Admire, cherish, love and adore your work!
I did spend $5 on chocolate. I filled up a big jar w/ hugs and kisses. These are driving my gets crazy. I told them they could eat them in March.
I also needed some pillows. I would say I was inspired by these , but I completely ripped them off. She used felt, but I only had linen, so I used what I had. She also went back and added birds to her tree pillow, but I liked it w/ out better.
The love pillow, I saw on this design blog, but I have no idea where to buy it. So I held a piece of vellum up to my computer monitor and traced it. (if you want the template-leave me your e-mail in the comments and I'll send it to you) I like the original better, but didn't have enough fabric. Maybe I'll redo it next year. Happy Valentine's Day!
Awww....the pillows are so cute!ReplyDelete
Your pillows brought me over from Rook No. 17. Adorable! I haven't even started my VDay decorating yet. So behind!ReplyDelete
Very cute! Love those pillows!ReplyDelete
I'm in love with those pillows! So darling!ReplyDelete
Love the pillows, the subway art blocks, and especially those pearly whites!!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ll share tomorrow!
Love the pillows!! Super cute!ReplyDelete
Stopping by from TT & J and would LOVE for you to come by and link this up at my “Create and Inspire” Party! :)
Thanks so much!
Angie from A Little Inspiration
Those are adorable! I would love for you to share this at my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!ReplyDelete