Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What I've Been Reading Wednesdays

We have had a lot going on this summer, and I have hardly been reading at all.  Here's what I have read:


The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Unseen Guest by Maryrose Wood. This is the third in a series which I first heard about from my friend Kammy.   Miss Penelope Lumley is a 15-year old orphan hired to be a nanny to three children that were literally raised by wolves.  The writing is borderline genius and manages to be both clever and silly.  This would be a great book to read aloud.  My only criticism is that I feel certain mysteries have been drug on too long, and I am ready for them to be revealed: What happened to Penelope's parents, where did the children come from, is Lord Fredrick some sort of werewolf or the children's true father? 


Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey-
My friend Alicia recommended this book as no-brainer escape book.  It did not disappoint. It will not change your life, you will not learn anything, and you will not be a better person because you read it.

 When I explained the plot to my husband, he thought I was kidding. Two teenage descendants of the infamous Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team up to compete in a chemistry scholarship competition and  to cure the Hyde family curse.  3 stars

I am currently struggling through Killing Lincoln for book club.  So far it reads way too much like a text book and I am bored, but I'll let you know if it picks up.


Have you read anything good lately?


2 comments:

  1. I'm reading My Name Is Memory which I misplaced yesterday and I had nightmares about finding it all night. I really get attached to my books! If I can't find it today I might go crazy.

    My go-to mindless book series is The Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. They are sexy, exciting and well written for a vampire romance. It's like my sorbet between serious books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know that I am not the only having trouble with the Lincoln book...

    ReplyDelete