Monday, October 22, 2012

Possibly the Cutest Blouse EVER


I'm still having a ball working through the stash I bought in LA. 
 I got this lovely polka-dot chiffon for $1.99.  
Simplicity's retro patterns series let me pretend I live in 1959 (seriously why don't we dress like that anymore? ) and so I was thrilled to find this one on sale for $.99. 





I was worried that about this project for several reasons:
 1. Chiffon is a pain to work with
 2. Giant bows can be a risky fashion choice
 3.  Teenage girls are picky
 4.  I wanted to add sleeves w/out a pattern

I figured the most I had to lose was a few hours and a couple of bucks. I am so glad I did, because I am thrilled with how it turned out. She wore it yesterday to church and she said she has never gotten so many compliments in her life.

Her dad and I were a little freaked out how grown-up and polished she looked. Seriously where did the kid that lived in princess dress-ups go?




Pattern review:  For the most part it was great.  Any problems I had were mostly due to the chiffon.  I thought it fit her fairly well too.  According to the measurements on the back she was between  a size 10 and 12, and I went with the 12 ( she's a 0-4 at the store). The key-hole in the front just looked weird (maybe due to the fabric) and so I sewed it shut. I also added sleeves.

To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! So cute! You are way too talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty blouse, Tara!!! The polka dot fabric really suits the style of blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polka dots. That is the cutest blouse ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love it. I want one!!! Found you on Reasons to Skip the Housework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! Great pattern, great fabric, great job! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I have a cute polkadot shirt I thrifted (I wish I could sew) that is similar and I love it! nice work ;)
    just found your blog via blog hop.

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete