Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pleated Gray Blouse

 
My kid wanted a plain gray shirt, so I used Simplicity 2892 to make her this one.  It was pretty easy and I think it would be great for someone learning to sew. 

The original had lined puffy sleeves, which I thought looked weird, so I just used the pattern piece for the lining.

My daughter is in amazing shape and normally wears a 0-2, however according to the measurements on the back, she is a size 12 (I would be a 14 or 16).  Don't let the numbers discourage you and be honest w/ yourselves when choosing the size.  It's much easier than wasting your time/fabric sewing something that you are never ever going to fit into.




To see where I link up or to add your party, please click here.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Simple style that looks quite elegant in the grey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice! So you ended up sewing the size 12 for her and it fit? That's crazy! Patterns companies should really update their sizes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a swimmer, so she is a little broad in the shoulders, but she's pretty much always an 10-12 when I sew for her. Makes me feel much better about being a 16. I think pattern companies are just trying to hurt our feelings:)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your pattern review. I have that pattern, and was looking at it yesterday, but the puffy sleeves were bugging me. I was wondering how it would look if I didn't do the outer sleeve.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete