Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bookclub Grub

I had my first chance to host at my new bookclub.  I picked Charms for an Easy Life by Kaye Gibbons (my review here).  It always stresses me a little picking the book.  Hopefully, no one hated it-at least they were all too polite to say anything. 

I'm a big fan of themes.  I thought my theme would be "charms" and what is more charming than mini-cupcakes.
Lemon-meringue Charms (recipe here)
Strawberry Short-Charms

I actually just made up a batch of the lemon meringue cupcakes.  Before I added the lemon juice and zest, I poured about 1/2 of the batter in the tins.  Then I whipped up some cream and put half a fresh strawberry on each. Easy, yummy and pretty.

I also made "Brownie Charms".  I just made a batch of box brownies and baked them in the mini-muffin tins.  I only baked them for 9 minutes.

MARTHA TIP:  I stole this from my SIL.  She always makes little signs for her food at parties. It looks pretty and it lets people know what they're eating.


If you're looking for something fun for your kids to do:  Please enter to win a kit to build a 5 foot tall paper roller coaster.  (ends 5/25)

7 comments:

  1. How fabulous! May I join your bookclub? lol! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! Have great week and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy :)
    I like the idea of labeling the treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally puts our book club to shame! Can I join yours for the yummy grub? :)

    Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Warrior.

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all looks beautiful! I'd love for you to link it up to my sweet treats party tomorrow! hope to see you there :)
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, yum! Can I join your book club please?
    Visiting from Debbiedoos.
    www.outofours.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good. The artichoke won tons caught my attention. I'm a theme person, too.

    ReplyDelete