I am a little obsessed w/ bows. I am worried that I am too old to pull the look off, but I made this fun and flirty shirt for my daughter.
I used a cream chiffon w/ tiny gold dots. For the basic shirt I used Simplicity 2599. To snazz it up, I added a bow. If I would have known it was going to turn out this adorable, I would have taken some pictures while I was making it. Hope this makes some sense.
1. Cut 2 strips of fabric 18x6.5 inches (bow) and 3.5 by 4.5 inches (knot).
2. Fold each strip in half lengthwise. (right sides together)
3. Using a 3/8 inch seam allowance, sew along the unfolded edge. Don't forget to leave a space open to turn it inside out.
4. Turn them right-side out.
5. Fold the bow into a bow shape.
6. Put the knot in the middle and hand stitch the ends together on the back of the bow.
7. Tack into place where I put x's on the pic below.
It's not as fabulous as the front, but here's a pic of the back.