Friday, February 1, 2013

World's Second Best Chocolate Chip Cookies


 My friend Erin makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies.  She gave me the recipe, but they just taste better when she makes them.  
Unfortunately unless Erin is making them herself, these are merely the world's second best chocolate chip cookies, but they will still be the best you ever had.

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
4 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp soda
4 cup flour*
1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 bag of milk chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients. Cream sugars and butter. Add egg and vanilla.  Mix wet and dry ingredients and blend well. Add chocolate chips. Drop a TB of batter on a cool un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

After cookies are cool, place in a ziploc bag with a slice of bread overnight. (waiting is hard, but it will be worth it)

I promise they will be the best cookies you've ever eaten. 

* If you would like to make them gluten-free rumor has it you can substitute Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix for the flour.



Dunking is optional.

10 comments:

  1. Tara you give me way too much credit. Glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one chocolate chip cookie lover to another - they do look mighty good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip are my favorite and my hobby is trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes - this looks like a winner! Will add it to my list to try.
    I'd love for you to link up over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party.
    http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-3/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look soo yummy and I just love the addition of vanilla pudding.. I will have to try these cause my hubby is boring and ALL he will eat is chocolate chip cookies!
    THanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies with pudding in the mix cannot be wrong. They look awesome!

    Nicole from www.OrWhateverYouDo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. well they sure look good! Second or not;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanilla pudding - so clever! I'll have to try that. I really enjoy your posts, and I would love it if you could share this at my link party tomorrow. Hope you can make it!

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look yummy! Nothing like warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my oh my! why do I catch up on my blog reading this late? LOL These looks amazing! I hope you stop by to link sometime- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-6.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete