Tuesday, January 22, 2013

$1- Valentine's Wreath


I never liked my "Bella Swan Lives here Wreath", but it took me 2 years to get around to making another one. 

I just ripped off the paper pinwheels (they were looking a little weather worn) from my Mother's Day Wreath and just started making and hot gluing on a bunch of random scrappy bows and buttons. 

I painted the roof red and used this technique to age the wood

The only thing I bought new was the wooden birdhouse, so the entire project cost $1.  I toyed w/ the idea of adding red burlap birds, but they just didn't look right.



Somehow my front porch has ended up w/ a birds and the bees Valentine theme:) 




8 comments:

  1. Love a good wreath project and love this one especially! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - love the little birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I Love it ! I know I have a foam wreath base here somewhere, guess its not too soon to get started on a valentines wreath ! Thanks for sharing

    Siubhan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty wreath, love it! New follower - come visit too!

    Jessica
    www.barefootbysea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I thought you would be interested in the giveaway i'm hosting for BluApple (extends storage life of your produce up to three times longer) on my blog www.domesticsweetheart.com :)

    P.S. I'm also following you via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the heart birdhouse adds a very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, one dollar! Such a sweet project!
    I'd love for you to stop by and link this up at my link party, which is live right now. It is for new and OLD projects!
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/an-oldie-but-good-link-party-3.html
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete