Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday's-The Lunar Chronicles



When I tried to describe the plot of these to my husband, it  sounded so ridiculous, he thought I was kidding, but here it is:

Cinder is a young mechanical protege cyborg living in post-apocalyptic Beijing.   She meets the handsome prince when he asks for his help repairing his android.  Of course, there is a little romance and he even invites her to attend the royal ball. 

Scarlet is a young women trying to find her missing grandmother with the help of a man named Wolf in the same post-apocalyptic world as Cinder, but in France.

I told you they sounded ridiculous, but I actually really enjoyed them both and am looking forward to the next one.  I love Meyer's retelling of the classic story tales of Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood, and it was fun to see how she would interpret various aspects of the story.  They won't change your life, but are lots of fun.

Mommy Warning: Fairly clean PG rated
4 out of 5 stars




1 comment:

  1. These sound interesting! I might have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete