I really like Subway Art, but we already have a family rules, and there can be too much of a good thing. I did have a bunch of these wood blocks laying around. So I:
1. Painted them black
2. Cut out the words admire, cherish, love, XXOO, adore out of contact paper w/ my cricut.
3. Applied the contact paper to my painted blocks and painted in my stencils
4. Waited patiently for them to dry (or used my blow dryer to speed things up)
5. Used some sand paper to rough them up and even out my poor painting skills
6. Mixed up 4 parts dark brown paint and 1 part glaze and painted the blocks.
7. Used an old rag to rub off the excess glaze
****If you don't have any glaze, you can also just rub on some dark stain. I think it works just as well
8. Tie on some ribbons.
9. Admire, cherish, love and adore your work!
I did spend $5 on chocolate. I filled up a big jar w/ hugs and kisses. These are driving my gets crazy. I told them they could eat them in March.
I also needed some pillows. I would say I was inspired by these , but I completely ripped them off. She used felt, but I only had linen, so I used what I had. She also went back and added birds to her tree pillow, but I liked it w/ out better.
The love pillow, I saw on this design blog, but I have no idea where to buy it. So I held a piece of vellum up to my computer monitor and traced it. (if you want the template-leave me your e-mail in the comments and I'll send it to you) I like the original better, but didn't have enough fabric. Maybe I'll redo it next year. Happy Valentine's Day!